Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

JAMES SPENCE (1753-1795)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
Stangerlad

Re: JAMES SPENCE (1753-1795)

Post by Stangerlad » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:54 am

Heather Hamren wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:56 am My family is descended from James through Margaret Spence, and there's a family story I wonder if anyone else has heard. It goes like this: Nestichio, as a young girl, had been kidnapped by the Blackfeet and her mother asked James to rescue her. Even though many attempts had been made to rescue her, James succeeded by using a relay of horses. She was quite young at the time, so James waited to court her until she became a little older, then married her.

As I understand our lineage, it was Peggy's granddaughter (?) who married Robert Scott a British soldier quartered in their home, and it was her grandson (?) who was my mother's father. We have a photo of the grandmother, Mary with Robert Scott, and my mother, Mary Amelia Fisher, (b. 1906) was named after this grandmother.
Checked my tree, I have your mother, Mary Amelia Fisher in it as well as her 3 siblings, but nothing more. It would be nice to add at least another generation or 2 below them since they and you are all my cousins.
Jim Spence