Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

MUSKEGO CREE BUDD (1765-1811)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

MUSKEGO CREE BUDD (1765-1811)

Post by gnstill » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:54 am

New Family Page: MUSKEGO CREE BUDD (1765-1811)

Please post comments & queries about Muskego Cree BUDD and his family here.

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: MUSKEGO CREE BUDD (1765-1811)

Post by gnstill » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Wayne Jones posted:
1) WASH-E-SOO-E’SQUEW was also known as Mary and/or Agathas COCKING.

Wash-e-soo-E'Squaw was baptised 11 May, 1828 by William Cockran and given the name Mary Budd ( St. John's Cathedral - baptismal reg 1, no. 745, p.94). She was still living with the Erasmus family in 1850. So she was known as Mary Budd not Mary Cocking. Mary Cocking was her half-sister Mith-coo-coo-man E'Squaw "Mary" Cocking. She is also known as Agathas as were the other two girls.

2) WASH-E-SOO-E’SQUEW becomes another wife of William Hemmings COOK 1811 By 1811, Beaumont suggests that Muskego BUDD may have been deceased, and that Widow Agathas and some of her children moved in with her step-sister and brother-in-law, William Hemmings COOK (1768-1846), essentially becoming another one of his wives. COOK therefore essentially became the step-father to the BUDD children; James (The CASK) BUDD, the eldest son, was only about 12 years old; the younger children were Rebecca, Catherine, Nancy, Sally and Henry BUDD (the youngest, about one year old).

The table 5 under the above quote shows that Mary and Muskego had their children between 1800 and 1810. This is the period when the halfbreed Agatha was living with William Hemmings Cook and had the children Samuel, Jeremiah and Charles. Therefore, Wash-e-soo-E'Squaw was not his second wife and it was Mith-coo-coo-man E'Squaw, Mary Cocking who was his last wife.

This establishes the fact that W.H.'s second wife had to be Cocking's oldest daughter Ke-che-cow-e-com-e-coot "Betsy" Cocking. She was the only other Agatha. So this section needs modifying.

3) After Muskego BUDD died, Widow Agathas became the third wife of William Hemmings COOK (1763-1846). as discussed above.

Sorry to be a bother... Wayne

Sorry I think that I opened a new topic for Muskego. Maybe you can just delete the other one.

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: MUSKEGO CREE BUDD (1765-1811)

Post by gnstill » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:23 pm

Thanks again Wayne; I think we are back on track.
I will do further updates to this Page later when I have more time.