Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

THOMAS THOMAS (1820-1859)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

THOMAS THOMAS (1820-1859)

Post by gnstill » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:38 am

New Family Page: THOMAS THOMAS (1820-1859)

Please post comments and queries about the family of Harriet STEWART and Thomas THOMAS here.

Hamish

Re: THOMAS THOMAS (1820-1859)

Post by Hamish » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:35 pm

I think I have more proof through obvious family connections that Thomas Thomas Jr married to Harriet Stewart is indeed the son of Thomas Thomas Sr b 1765.

T.T Sr had a daughter Sophia who married Rev William Mason in 1843.Well T.T.Jr and Harriet Stewart also had a daughter named Harriet SOPHIA Thomas. No doubt naming the child after his sister.

T.T Sr married Sarha Witness GEORGE GLADMAN
On March 30, 1821 at St John’s Anglican Church, Thomas THOMAS SR (Governor) was church-wed to Sarah, the mother of his children. The marriage was performed by Reverend John WEST (1778-1845) and witnessed by John BUNN and George GLADMAN.

Geprge Gladman was the second husband of Harriet Vincent who was the mother of Harriet Stewart wife to T.T.Jr. Harriet Stewart was the mother of Harriet SOPHIA Thomas.

All these people connect up together. Obviously T.T.Sr and Gladma were well aquainted and Gladmans STEP DAUGHTER Harriet Stewart was introduced to T.T, Jr.

MAke any sense to anyone else???

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Good work Robert! I think we can consider the puzzle solved.

After further review of my own information I’m convinced that you are absolutely right! I also found a few other things that further supports that premise. I will be revising and updating my related Family Pages accordingly.

Thanks very much for your persistent efforts.

Hamish

Post by Hamish » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:37 pm

Thank you so very much for your hard work and wonderful site. Thank you for the added information regarding this family and I look forward to any other information you can supply. You have done a fantastic job.

Ethel Maud Grahame my Grandmother and daughter to Harriet Thomas ( Grahame ) married George Milton Sinclair. I would like to point out that this Sinclair line came from Nova Scotia around 1881 or so and prior to that from Caithness Scotland 1847. They do not relate to any of the HBC Sinclair family.

Can you email me off line

Rob rjsinc@hotmail.com

Hamish

Post by Hamish » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:57 pm

Transcription Thomas Thomas will and testament.

This is the last will and testament of me, Thomas Thomas late in the Hudson’s Bay Company’s service but now of Red River Settlement in North America as follows. Whereas I am possessed of about twelve thousand six hundred pounds stock in the three percent in consolidated bank annuities in the Bank of England standing in my name, and of about two thousand pounds sterling in the hands of the Hudson’s Bay Company and I am also possessed of household goods, livestock and various other effects and personal estate in the Red River Settlement and elsewhere, (?now/how) I give and bequeath to each of my six daughters, Anne, Elizabeth, Catherine, Ffrances, Jane and Sophia, one thousand pounds stock of the three percent consolidated bank annuities in the Bank of England now standing in my name and as to all the rest and residue of my estate and property and effects both here and in England, whereof I am or any persons in trust for me are possessed, I give and bequeath the same to my two sons, William Thomas and Thomas Thomas, their executors, administrators or assigns in equal shares and proportions and my will and desire is that each and every of my said sons, William and Thomas, their executors, administrators or assigns do pay to my wife Sarah, the sum of twenty five pounds sterling annually during her natural life and I appoint my said sons together with the Reverend David S. Jones and the Reverend William Cochrane, both of Red River and George Simpson Esq, Governor of Rupert Land as executors of this my will to which I have put my hand and seal, this thirtieth day of November in the year of our Lord one thousand, eight hundred and twenty-seven.

(signed) Thomas Thomas

Signed, sealed, published and declared by the said Thomas Thomas as (?...) for his last will and testament in the presence of us, who in his presence at his request and in the presence of each other, have subscribed our names as witnesses:

Thos. Bunn, Red River Settlement

Jno(?John) Bunn, Red River Settlement

Proved at London 1st December 1829 before the worshipful John Trenchard Pickard, (?executor) of laws and surrogate by the oath of George Simpson Esquire, one of the executors to whom (?....) was granted being first sworn duly to administer power reserved of making the like Grant to William Thomas and Thomas Thomas, the sons, the Reverend David Jones and the Reverend William Cochrane the other executors.