Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

THADDEUS OKEWAKAHPO (COCHRANE) (c1825-1880)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

THADDEUS OKEWAKAHPO (COCHRANE) (c1825-1880)

Post by gnstill » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:14 pm

New Family Page: THADDEUS OKEWAKAHPO (COCHRANE) (c1825-1880)

Please post comments and queries about the DESCENDANTS of THADDEUS OKEWAKAHPO (COCHRANE) here.

wsink2

Re: THADDEUS OKEWAKAHPO (COCHRANE) (c1825-1880)

Post by wsink2 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:03 pm

In the 1885 treaty annuity paylist for Fort Alexander the note for Charles Laund, who was married to Jeanne Stevenson after her first husband (Thadeus Cochrane) died, indicated that he "Married No. 26 of Fishy River... Chief consented to admit wife's children in band". Thadeus Cochrane, aka Thadeus Okewakapo, was No 26 in the Fisher River paylist.

In the 1880 treaty annuity paylist for Fisher River the note for No. 26 Thadeus Okewakahpo indicated that he was baptized and was dead, and that the money was paid to "widow".

In the 1887 treaty annuity paylist for Fort Alexander the note for Charles Laund indicated that he was married to the daughter of No. 1 Fort Alexander. No. 1 in the Fort Alexander paylist was Appitayossin, a widow.

Appitayossin and his wife Kawanais Appitayossin were listed in the 1881 census with their five children.

I have compiled a family history of the Okewakahpa/Cochrane and Appitayossin/Stevenson lines. This research for this volume was based mostly on the treaty annuity paylists for Norway House, Fort Alexander and Fisher River, and the census returns of Canada for 1881-1921. It's far from finished. The next step is to research the Anglican and Methodist church records for the three reserves in Winnipeg and Toronto this summer. I am quite willing to share my information. Should you wish an electronic copy I can be reached on Facebook under "Warren Sinclair" or at wssinclair@bell.net.

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: THADDEUS OKEWAKAHPO (COCHRANE) (c1825-1880)

Post by gnstill » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:31 am

Many thanks for your Simard Family History pdf which I received in good order. It will be a valuable reference for me.

Check out my latest updated narrative for Thaddeus COCHRANE. I have added some more information and a few more links that should be of interest.