Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

ANGUS NORMAN JAMES MORRISON (1913-1978)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

ANGUS NORMAN JAMES MORRISON (1913-1978)

Post by gnstill » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:03 am

New Family Page: ANGUS NORMAN JAMES MORRISON (1913-1978)

Please post comments and queries about the FAMILY OF ANGUS NORMAN JAMES MORRISON here.

mgmorrison

Re: ANGUS NORMAN JAMES MORRISON (1913-1978)

Post by mgmorrison » Mon May 22, 2017 2:09 pm

My grandfather Angus was an amazing man. He danced jigs, was a hunter-gatherer and always had time for his family. He made his grandchildren laugh and taught us little things about his culture when I was growing up. After the rebellion, his parents, grandmother and many other family members (James Matthieson/Parres and his children, Norman Morrison (Morrisson), Charlotte Smith Morrison, Angus Morrison, etc.) moved just outside of Battleford (Speers, Fielding, Mayfield, etc area) in Saskatchewan and farmed the land. We are Metis and I understand that little pine first nation now owns the land that my family had in the area. Eventually, my grandfather married my grandmother Grace who was born in Mayfair and owned a general store perhaps there and Battleford. With his wife and with his parents Katherine (Parres) and Angus Morrison they moved to BC where he and and my grandmother Grace worked in the logging camps.