Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

JACOB TRUTHWAITE NORQUAY (1884-1978)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

JACOB TRUTHWAITE NORQUAY (1884-1978)

Post by gnstill » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:28 am

New Family Page: JACOB TRUTHWAITE NORQUAY (1884-1978)

Please post comments and queries about the FAMILY OF JACOB TRUTHWAITE NORQUAY here.

Don.Norquay

Re: JACOB TRUTHWAITE NORQUAY (1884-1978)

Post by Don.Norquay » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:37 pm

Hi Gary,

Thank you very much for creating this biography on my grandfather!

Unfortunately I do not have pictures of him worth posting in my possession, other than perhaps a group photo of the staff and students of Ruthenian Training School. I am checking with family members to see if they have one. Please let me know how to send you the Ruthenian School photo for you to consider if it is worth posting.

Thanks again,
Don

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:56 pm

Photos can be sent to me as Email Attachments.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:44 am

Thanks Don for the group photo and for the correction regarding Jacob’s age.
Accordingly I have added a clip of Jacob from the group photo and made the age correction. Did I get the right person? Would you prefer I post the entire group photo?
Regards, Gary

LarisaCheladyn

Post by LarisaCheladyn » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Hi Don,

I am currently researching the Ruthenian Training School and came across this posting. I am very interested in the photo you have of the students and staff. What year was it taken? I seems that several of the students went on to, of course teach, but also a few became cartoonists and several others were letter writers for illiterate immigrants in the Brandon area. I am trying to correlate student names with Canadian cartoonists as well as try to figure out who inspired them all.
Maybe it was Jacob Norquay. Would you be willing to share the photo? Do you have any other materials from the Ruthenian training school, correspondence, teacher's notes, lesson plans. Let me know, any help you can give me with my quest would be appreciated.

Thanks

Larisa Sembaliuk Cheladyn

Don.Norquay wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:37 pm Hi Gary,

Thank you very much for creating this biography on my grandfather!

Unfortunately I do not have pictures of him worth posting in my possession, other than perhaps a group photo of the staff and students of Ruthenian Training School. I am checking with family members to see if they have one. Please let me know how to send you the Ruthenian School photo for you to consider if it is worth posting.

Thanks again,
Don

Don.Norquay

Post by Don.Norquay » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:10 pm

Hi Larisa, I would be happy to send you a scan of the Ruthenian School group photo. Unfortunately I have no other papers related to the school. Please email me at don.norquay@gmail.com and I will reply to you directly. Thanks.