Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

VENTRICE THOMAS (1893-1985)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:39 pm

For more about Ventrice and his family, here's the Link:

Please post your comments and queries herunder.

jenjohnson

Re: VENTRICE THOMAS (1893-1985)

Post by jenjohnson » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:51 am

Hello there. My name is Jennifer (Jenny) and I am the granddaughter of Doris (Thomas) and Len Johnson. They had two sons, my father is the oldest- Donald (named after his uncle!) and Douglas. Somewhere at home, I have a medical book which contains a lot of my family's history- written by my Grandma Doris. She died quite young so I didn't meet her but I can share some information with you if you like! And thank you so much for creating these websites! It has been such a blessing to be able to find out some family history!

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:21 pm

It is so nice to meet you Jenny!
I just heard about your great-great Uncle Rae’s passing from his son Rae. My condolences go out to your family.

I don’t believe I ever met your grandparents (Doris & Len) either, but I would certainly like to learn more about them. Here’s a few questions that first come to mind:

When and where and how did Doris die?
When and where was Len JOHNSON born and when and where did he die?
Can you tell me more about his origins
– when/ where he was born and who his parents were (dates are important) so I can see if I have more info about his ancestors.
Regards
Gary

jenjohnson

Post by jenjohnson » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:55 am

Thank you, Gary! It's nice to meet you too! I will definitely look into the history of my grandparents for you. What I can tell you right now is that my grandfather (Len Johnson) was Swedish- both his parents came from Sweden and although they took the name 'Johnson' in Canada, it was actually something else (I believe my great grandfather was too shy to correct them but it derived from something like Jensen). Anyway, I will let you know dates/places and such when I can gather it together.

Also, thank you for letting me know about Rae. I didn't know which means my dad probably doesn't know either. Do you have any details?

Have a wonderful day!

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:38 pm

Jenny: Raymond THOMAS died about a week ago, Sep 24, 2012 in Salmo, BC. He was your grandmother Doris' brother.

jenjohnson

Post by jenjohnson » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Thanks again, Gary! You have been most helpful- I am on the phone with my father Donald, at this very moment. He is most interested in sharing information with you and had not been aware of his uncle Ray's passing. Would you by any chance have any contact information for any of his cousins? His mother passed away so long ago that he lost touch with most (if not all) of his family out west. If you would like, you can reach him directly at dopojejo@puc.net

I am still on the hunt for that book- which shouldn't be so hard to find since it is massive and weighs a ton! I shall update you on my progress. :)

Have a wonderful evening!

gonzo1956

Post by gonzo1956 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:48 am

Hi Gary,
Im up and running. Just wanted to add a little on Ventrice. I think i mentioned before that my dad remembers Ventiece, they lived off the Chalea Beach rd. behind Blanch and Donald Harpers house, their house is still there but has been added on to and changed.My dad remembers going their often to play with "he remembers Raymond,Ramona,Steve and Doris". My dad Lawrence Moore was b)1930 around the same age as Ramona.Also my dads brother Stanley was in ww2 as a sniper .Im wondering if Donald was in the war with Stanley as my dad ran into a man in Selkirk a number of years ago but he cant remember who he was,anyway this man said to my dad come and visit me i have lots of storys to tell you about your brother during the war as i was with him. Just a little info. could be Donald and Stanley were friends. I live in Clandeboye, so if he's still around i would be interested in speaking with him.
thanks
Colleen

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:06 am

Colleen: Your great information motivated me to take another hard look at my information on the MOAR/ MOORE and THOMAS families which revealed quite a few errors on my part. Now I’m busy revising several of the associated Family Pages on my website. This is going to take me more than a few days, so stay tuned. To begin with, see this new page: CLEMENTINE & JOHN MOAR aka MOORE (1777-1843)

By working together, I think we will get this puzzle put together yet!!

gonzo1956

Post by gonzo1956 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi, that sound great
thanks
colleen

gonzo1956

Post by gonzo1956 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi gary,
I wasn't sure where to post this so here it is.
I have a census from 1901 , just under the Moores is Susan Fidler, have you heard of her, she is listed as age 50 , married, and she is the head of the houshold,just curious,let me know.
thanks
colleen