Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

BAIKIE SINCLAIR (1802-1887)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
thefishiologist

Re: BAIKIE SINCLAIR (1802-1887)

Post by thefishiologist » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:38 pm

Thanks A.J.

Further to your comment, I have a possible reference to Margaret Gowdie's parents: Joseph Goudie and Grizal Calder. I believe we dug it up in the Orkney archives when we were there, but I can't remember. I have no information on Joseph's parents.

We visited Orphir in 2007 and viewed the church where Baikie and Frances were baptized. Frances married William MacKay (b. 1809 in Halkirk, Caithness), who was a member of John Rae's expedition to the Arctic. They lived at a house called Hall of Clestrain, just outside of Orphir.
-Kirsten

d.r.sinclair

Re: BAIKIE SINCLAIR (1802-1887)

Post by d.r.sinclair » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:46 pm

Hello all,

My name is Douglas Richard Sinclair. I attend U of T Mississauga campus. I enrolled in a History and Writing course. I chose to right about my Métis family history. I am the son of Bruce Sinclair, who is the son of Gary Malcolm Sinclair, who was the son of Stanley Harold Sinclair.

I asked my Grandfather about the details of my ancestry as far back as he knew. He told me that we descended from Baikie Sinclair.

I would appreciate any further information anyone can offer. If anyone can share stories, information, pictures, documents, and or are willing to be interviewed, I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers!
Douglas