Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

ANDREW MOAR aka MOORE (1765-1836)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
jenatm

Re: ANDREW MOAR aka MOORE (1765-1836)

Post by jenatm » Thu May 01, 2014 7:13 pm

gonzo1956 wrote:My gg grandfather was John ,Peters brother, I have lots of info. on the family. At the Hudson Bay archives under Eastmain misc. 1810 baptized Thomas son of Andrew Moar and ieemooquay his reputed wife, at the same time he baptised John, George, James - James and George died young.At that time Robert must have been baptised as well .The year 1819 at Ruperts house son Peter was baptised . Let me know if you would like to know more.
Gonzo1956 I would love to know more.I would love to know as much as possible in particular John George Moar who was my husbands great grandfather who was married to Elizabeth Eshkakapo (aka Sarah Marks) I am on Ancestary.ca for the Moar family tree
For instance I live in Ontario and would like to know if I have to go to Winnipeg to the HBC archives to locate the Baptismal certificate for Peter or can I order a copy through our library.
My email is jenatm@hotmail.com
Thank you for your help and any information you would like to share.

denice

Post by denice » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:04 pm

My family line follows Alexander Moar and Christinna Alisappi (a cree born in Mistassini Quebec). Most of the Moar family stayed in the Northern region of Quebec and I am having a very hard time finding records. But it appears that Anglican roots are strong, and all the children do get baptized when the travel to a community with a church. Most of these records, I found in the archives.

Alexander Moar - the youngest son did return home to Birsay Orkney Scotland - he was found in the Scotland census 1881, 1871, 1901. 1881 he was listed with his father and aunt. In 1871 he was listed with his Aunt Grizel and his wife Ann Johnston. They have 4 children - John/William/Andrew and Peter. Peter migrates to Canada and marries Mary Isbister. They have 6 children in the St. Catherine's area. Alexander returns to Canada, in 1871 he marries Christianna Alisappie (Alissaubie) born Nov 1857, daughter of James Alissaubie and M.Harriette Haloomin. They have 6 children. Alexander dies in Eastmain, Quebec.

Thomas Moar - born in Nemiscau Quebec marries Matilda Thomas. Baptismal records indicate that all their children were born in Rupert's House - Ann, George, Robert, Thomas Jr. and William (born 1842). Robert marries an Eleanor and they have children Andrew/James/Thomas and Jane - all baptismal records Rupert's House. William marries Caroline and I only found baptismal records for two children Harriet and John Robert. There are many Moar's in Waskaganish, Quebec.

Robert Moar - Anglican Church Archives have baptismal for only three children all born in Waswanipi from 1861-1865, Elizabeth/Mary/Jane

Peter Moar - marries Nancy Alder - they have 7 children, all born in Rupert's House area Ellen, Mary (m.Issac Hunter) Elizabeth (m. James Mark) John George (m. Elizabeth Ann Eskakapo) Anne Elizabeth (m.Kenneth Mcleod) Hattie and Andrew Thomas. Anne and Kenneth Mcleod settle in Moose Factory and have 11 children.

Jenet

Post by Jenet » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:56 am

I am a great great grandaughter of Peter Moar and Nancy Alder. I am having difficulty finding information on Nancy Alder. Does anyone know any more about her. ie where she was born; her parents?

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Jenet - The only ALDER family living in the area around the time that Nancy was born, was a Charles Thomas ALDER who was born around 1785 in England and had a half-breed wife named Mary. They had a daughter Mary b-1810 who married William SAUNDERS (1806-1843).
MORE ABOUT MARY ALDER & WILLIAM SAUNDERS aka SAUNDERS

Jenet

Post by Jenet » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:42 pm

Thank you for the information. That will help a great deal in my research.