Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

PIERRE GUIMOND (1848-1915)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

PIERRE GUIMOND (1848-1915)

Post by gnstill » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:32 pm

New Family Page: PIERRE GUIMOND (1848-1915)

Please post comments & queries about Pierre and his family here.

Jc_briere

Re: PIERRE GUIMOND (1848-1915)

Post by Jc_briere » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi G, Feel like i need to inform you on some of the names on this page.

Pauline (Apoline) Courchene daughter of Maxime Courchene and Elise Bruyere (Joseph Briere 1818-1906 (he was from Quebec) and Francoise Mainvile)

Sophie Bruyere daughter of Elise Sipi/Bird and Joseph Bruyere 1852-1934 (Joseph Briere 1818-1906 and Francoise Mainville)

Leonnie Abston daughter of Joseph Abston and Mary Bruyere (Joseph Briere 1818-1906 and Francoise Mainville)

Kennedy/Thomas

Post by Kennedy/Thomas » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:18 pm

http://www.redriverancestry.ca/GUIMOND-PIERRE-1848.php -----source for quote----- "On Nov 8, 1916 son John George[Guimond] married in Fort Alexander to Sarah THOMAS, daughter of Sophie LINKLATER & Daniel THOMAS(1853-1942)." Note that they were of the surname Thomas that in Red River District was associated with Welsh or English origins/people yet the marriage took place in the last large French base if you will, Fort Alexander, whereby another fellow of the times Louis Simard(b. est. 1855) would often stop by on his way between Winnipeg and Hollow Water(see Fort Alexander Journals). His first born son, Louis Simard Junior married a Susan Guimond from the area as well. It is also noted in the discussion area of the aforementioned source for quote(click link above) that Pauline Courchene was of French origins going back to Quebec and ended up in the Fort Alexander vicinity to eventually marry Pierre (William) Guimond Jr. whose own sister Susan Guimond was the one who married Louis Simard Jr. as already stated. Pierre Jr. and Susan's other brother Joseph Guimond(b. 1875) married Marianne Fontaine who gave birth to a Catherine(b. 1901) who in turn married Ventrice Thomas. It is important to also recognize the French influence here as Joseph Guimond(b. 1875) had a second marriage/relations after Marianne Fontaine passed, with a Eugenie Cochrane who I think was a Courchene(see: http://www.redriverancestry.ca/GUIMOND-JOSEPH-1875.php) closely related if not directly to the Thaddeus's ie. the Eugenie Cochrane was closely related to the Eugenie Thaddeus if not the same person if the age on the death certificate from vital stats is wrong cause I don't know of any birth certificate available to compare the dates and ages of 'her' life events(also see: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57). Thaddeus or rather Tadius is old French from what I know and was more of a nickname for the Catholic Church for their most tedious workers - Fort Alexander being more of a base of operations for the vast wilderness to the east of the big lakes in Manitoba where until recently well paved highways were non-existent through and through so to speak.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:07 am

Thanks for the wake-up regarding Pauline COURCHENE which I mistakenly named as COCHRANE. JC had already pointed this out in the previous posting which I somehow completely missed or forgot. I have updated the Pierre GUIMOND 1848 Page accordingly. Sorry folks.

A request for Kennedy/Thomas: I have often had difficulty relating to your postings with that Username. Are you not a grandson of Bella SIMARD and Dietrich HARDER (1926-1994)? It would be nice to have your proper name to refer to you by so we can get to know you better.
Same goes for jc_briere; would be nice to have a real name for him too.

A side-note: Your comments have me jumping all over the map. My old brain is getting somewhat confused. Would appreciate if we could concentrate on one family (Page) at a time (each Family has a related Forum Topic of its own). It would be of great help to me.