Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

PHILIP TURNER (1839-1919)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

PHILIP TURNER (1839-1919)

Post by gnstill » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:10 am

New Family Page: PHILIP TURNER (1839-1919)

Please post comments & queries about Philip TURNER and his family here.

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: PHILIP TURNER (1839-1919)

Post by gnstill » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:33 am

My name is Margaret.
I am the descendent of Philip TURNOR 1839 to 1919 and his wife Harriet ANDERSON. My great grandmother was their daughter Margaret TURNER/TURNOR. She married Rev. Donald MACDONALD. John Alexander MACDONALD was their eldest son. This is the person that Pearl refers to when speaking of John MACDONALD from Fort Hope. I noticed Barb was interested in this man who is my great Uncle. I have pictures of him and also have pictures of Philip TURNER/TURNOR 1839-1919. I did send copies to Pearl back in 96. She and I had some wonderful conversations.
John died in Fort Hope. He was married to an aboriginal lady and they had no children. He was a teacher on the reservation and an Anglican minister.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:19 am

I guess I’m confused Margaret!

I have Nancy TURNER b-1849 (daughter of Sarah HUMPHREYVILLE & Joseph TURNER) married 1870 to John Alexander McDONALD b-1843, a Butcher in Prince Albert.

Please tell us more about your Reverend Donald MACDONALD and his son John Alexander. When/ where were each born?

MJBrick

Post by MJBrick » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:08 pm

I understand the confusion. Philip Turnor born Nov 9 1838 died April 23 1919 as you know was the son of Sarah Humpherville and Joseph Turnor.
Margaret Turnor is the daughter of Philip Turnor and Harriet Anderson.
Margaret was born 1874 July 01. She died in Battleford SK.1943. of a stroke.
She married Donald Macdonald (born 1863 Eagle's Nest Winnipeg River) in 1888. Rev. Donald Macdonald died in 1948 BattlefordSK.
He had one sister Rosilie. Donald and Roslie were the only children of John MacDonald and Charlotte Inkster (I have pictures of them as well)
Margaret and Rev. Donald MacDonald had 7 children that lived to be adult (well almost uncle Pete died of TB by the age of 17)(I have a picture of the entire family)
John Alexander Macdonald was the eldest born sometime 1890 or so I have not been able to verify this as yet.
Nancy Turnor was Margaret's Aunt and Philip's sister. They both married Macdonalds. Pearl and I had a few chuckles over this. In her book she has John A. Macdonald ( the one she quotes and my uncle) as the son of Ida May Turner this is incorrect as can be noted by the age difference, but aside from that Pearl was unable to get the correct information as my family was not forth coming at the time. This as researchers, we all know happens more often then not. The letters My great uncle wrote that Pearl Quotes I also have copies as the grandson of Colin George Turnor/Turner sent them to me.
Nancy Turnor's Husband was a brother of John and uncle to Donald and great uncle to John Alexander the son of Donald.
As you can see the Macdonalds really over used the names John and Donald to long to explain here but to keep them organized I only go by documentation I can get. Also the Macdonald will either be spelled with lower case "d" or upper case "D" depends on the preference of the barrier.
To add to the confusion Margaret raised her younger brother, Thomas Turner's children after his wife Lilly Brown died I also have a picture of her as well.
Margaret Turnor and her husband Rev. Donald Macdonald taught on the Red Phesant reserve south of Battleford Saskatchewan.
They met at Fort-a-la-Corne. He was teaching there as well.
Oh gosh I hope that helps a bit. I hope I didn't make it more confusing

MJBrick

Post by MJBrick » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:03 pm

I made and error Nancy Turner sister to Philip Turner 1939 to 1919 married John Alexander Mcdonald son of William Mcdonald and Catherine Gunn he was no relation to John Alexander MacDonald son of Margaret Turner and Donald Macdonald. William Mcdonald came from a different family of Mc donalds.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:07 am

Margaret: I do have quite a bit of information about most of these families, but I’m so busy these days, I have had to begin doing things on a priority basis.

I would be willing to work with you to create a Family Page (or pages) that could include some of the pictures you mentioned, etc. See more about that at this link: SPECIAL FAMILY PAGES

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Heather posted Dec 26, 2012: Hi I am new to this list also, very nice site. I am a descendant of Philip Turner and Harriet Anderson; great granddaughter of Frances "Frank" Henry Turner born May 5, 1875. I have information on a lot of the family and some of it differs from what I have seen here. Would enjoy sharing information. Thank you - hope I did this right

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:58 pm

Heather – Please see my comments to Margaret just above yours on this page.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:42 am

Margaret: Thanks again for your Donation! You are now on my Priority List for Special Family Pages.

I have now completed the narrative with all of the information I could find to this date. Check it out; here’s the link again: UPDATED FAMILY PAGE for PHILIP TURNER (1839-1919)

Please review what I have presented for errors and/or omissions.

I will now work on the family of your great grandparents, Margaret TURNER & Donald McDONALD (1863-1948) and will post their Page in the near future. I look forward to working with you on that one. If you have any good pictures that can be added, let me know.
Gary

JoAnneEllima47

Post by JoAnneEllima47 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:49 pm

I have just joined this website. I am a great granddaughter of Philip Turner who married Harriet Anderson. My grandmother (daughter of their son, John Turner who married Susan Agnes Deschambeault) was Sara Nancy Turner (who married Frank Almer, in Prince Albert, SK). I am searching for any information regarding my grandmother's siblings, example, Donald, Edith, Katie, Thomas and Lawrence. Any information on the Deschambeaults, would also be appreciated. Thank you.