Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

REVEREND JAMES SETTEE (1809-1902)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
HOT-HED

Re: REVEREND JAMES SETTEE (1809-1902)

Post by HOT-HED » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:11 am

Hi, my name is Janet Brash. From my researching, I believe Rev John Richard Settee is the son, of James Nelson Settee,and he is/ was my Grandma Hotvedt's grandpa. My records show that Reverend John Richard Settee married Lydia Louisa Settee to Donald Douglas MacDonald Monday 16th of August 1886 at Moose Lake H.B.C. fort. Lydia was of Moose Lake Mission,and Donald of St. Parish, Manitoba. My Grandmother's maiden name was Nora MacDonald. It says Nora Isabella MacDonald was the 4th daughter,& 7th child of Reverend Donald Douglas MacDonald and Lydia Louisa Settee MacDonald born on Thunderchild's Reservation,Battleford North West Territories August 13, 1898. This was recorded by one of her (Nora's) daughters. This is why I have been looking for the Reverend D.D. MacDonald, but have been getting confused by another one who was also a Reverend Donald MacDonald? My looking has not found out where my particular Donald is from. Helge Hansen Hotvedt and Nora Isabella MacDonald were married December 10,1919 in St Marks Mission House Ah tah ka koop reservation (Starblanket or Sandy Lake). The Marriage Certificate says Place of Marriage 4-51-08-3, I do not know if that is property lot numbers, or lat. and longtitude or what? I think I have it in order on Geni, hope to hear from anyone who knows more than me :) Thanks in advance for any help!!! Janet Brash (nee Hotvedt)

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:03 am

According to my information your great grandfather, Reverend Donald McDONALD was born Aug 20, 1860 in St Andrews Parish (Red River) and was a son of Margaret MOWAT and William McDONALD (1824-1872).

HOT-HED

Post by HOT-HED » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:39 pm

:D Thank you very very much. Now I have to get into it and try find him, and more about them. Mega Thank You again!!!! Janet

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:58 am

William McDONALD (1824-1872) was a son of son of Jean BEAUDRY and Donald McDONALD (1794-1876), an HBC voyageur from Scotland.

I often do Special Family Pages for people if you’re interested. More about that at this link:
SPECIAL FAMILY PAGES

HOT-HED

Post by HOT-HED » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:44 pm

I have a William and a Margaret (Mowat) MacDonald,and Billy is the offspring of Donald and Jean (Beaudry) MacDonald, according to what I found. I most definately could be wrong though, have been up all hours doing it. :oops: I plan on asking my Aunty Blanche more questions, but want to get them lined up in chronological order 1st . I also have to get on it, as she will be 91 in October, so its possible I could lose my info source any time. But mega Thank you again, for your data, it is very much appreciated! Janet Brash

HOT-HED

Post by HOT-HED » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:52 am

How do I post my e-mail addy beside my Alias? I think that gonzo and I may share ancestors 8-) I also saw an s green and another MacDonald on your list of members. I just found out that my other Gr Grandfather Sidney George Green came to Manitoba in 1905 from Sheffield, England. So I was hoping I could post my e-mail on here for anyone interested in any of my ? would be able to contact me. Janet Brash or HOT-HED Thanks ahead for any feedback :)

Jjmadia

Post by Jjmadia » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:27 pm

I also share ancestors with you HOT-HED. My grandmothers parents were Donald MacDonald and Lydia Louise Settee. Somehow the information on a lot of the sites I have been researching are missing information or things aren't quite right. Rev. James N Settee's Son John Richard Settee married Louise/Louisa Moore/Moar. They had 8 or 9 children. Gonzo had listed some of them off in an earlier post, but some of the children are missing. This site seems to have a more accurate account of the names and dates of the children-
https://hallnjean.wordpress.com/seafare ... -sinclair/
Somehow Lydia Louise seems to get forgotten off many lists. According to the website above, she and John Robert were born on the same day therefore I'm assuming they are twins. Anyhow she married Donald Douglas MacDonald- they had 12 children, some of which died very young or at birth. My Grandmother was the youngest of them her name was Kathleen.

HOT-HED

Post by HOT-HED » Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:30 am

This is great news to me. She must be the Aunt Kathleen that my Aunt Blanche said told her to write a memory book. Surely she sent her one??? I just made a facebook acct., because I started a tree on geni., and wanted to get hold of my living relations to know kidlets, and grandbabies and such ;) Thank you so much for answering me, if you like my e-mail is janetbrash6@hotmail.com I also noticed they left people out, Kathleen, John, another brother too, who expired from eating poisonous mushrooms. Sorry forgot his name. And I am rambling, so bye for now, and many thanks again..I found this site is awesome, seems better than all the so called ancestry.coms out there. good night now Janet

gonzo1956

Post by gonzo1956 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi, just a quick note on how I tie in with the Settee's . My great aunt Louise Moar married John Richard Settee. Louise Moar's brother Robert Moar was my great grandfather.

pinchme67

Post by pinchme67 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:38 pm

hello
Iam looking for info info on my Great Great Grandmother Henrietta Settee who was married to John Mcrae .Any info would be Great !