Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

WILLIAM (MUMINAWATUM) MASON (1845-1921+)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

WILLIAM (MUMINAWATUM) MASON (1845-1921+)

Post by gnstill » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:44 am

New Family Page: WILLIAM (MUMINAWATUM) MASON (1845-1921+)

Please post comments and queries about William (MUMINAWATUM) MASON and his family here.

Terri Smith

Re: WILLIAM (MUMINAWATUM) MASON (1845-1921+)

Post by Terri Smith » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:10 am

I'm a descendant of William Mason & Rubina Bradburn. Their daughter, Elizabeth Margaret Mason "Lizzie" was born on August 7, 1911, at Fisher River Cree Nation Reserve, MB. She married my grandfather Gordon Stanley Smith.
They had 5 children: Ewart Victor Stanley Smith "Manny"; Terrence Smith "Terry"; Margaret Smith (my mom); Elsie Lorraine Burgel (nee Smith); and Wiliam Benjamin Smith "Beaver" b. August 1, 1936. Elizabeth died (24) shortly after having "Beaver" and was buried on her birthday (August 7, 1936) at St. Peter's Dynever Old Stone Church.
I have only one picture of her when she was 16 years old. I was hoping that someone may have other photos of her and her family and would be willing to share them with me. Moreover, if anyone has any stories about her that they can share with me I would be grateful.
I know that there was not a lot of communication between her family and Gordon, why that was I don't know. My mom Margaret met her grandfather William Mason only once when Florence married Henry Sinclair, as she and her family were invited to their wedding.
I've tried uploading the picture of her on to the website but for some reason, I can't.

Terri