Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

ADRIAN AUGUSTUS NEISON (1849-?)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
murraystaceyhaggerty

Post by murraystaceyhaggerty » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:19 pm

New Family Page: ADRIAN AUGUSTUS NEISON (1849-?)

Hi there...
I have just recently started a geneology project on my family. My father's side of the family is from Selkirk/Selkirk/Manigotagan/Lac du Bonnet....my father's mother, Florence Neison (we think her last name was Neison) and her father Ross Neison. We know that Ross's brother was Edward Neison, and that they worked in and around the area with Sawmills and prospecting. I am in need of information concerning Florence, who her mother was, and anything else I can gain about the Neison family. I do believe there was a First Nation or Metis connection. I have a few bits and pieces about the family, but not much more than that. Does ANYONE know anything?? any help is appreciated!
StaceyHaggerty

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: Neison family

Post by gnstill » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:52 am

More clues needed - birth dates, who they married, etc. Were they connected to anyone already in the Ancestry Index for this website?

murraystaceyhaggerty

Post by murraystaceyhaggerty » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:17 pm

From what I can gather, Michael Ross (known as Ross) Neison was born in Manigotagan/lac du bonnet area in around 1894. His father was Adrian Alexander Neison, who was married to Margaret Young. I don't know if they had children, but then he remarried I think. To whom, I don't know, that is what I am trying to find out. Ross had a brother, Edward Neison, who was married to Mary Sinclair. Edward was known in the area as a Captain, he had a lot to do with the steamboats I think. He had a sister named Dolly, who married and gained the last name Higginbottom after marriage, and Catherine, who married John Moreau. Ross had a daughter named Florence, was born in about 1920. Florences mother probably about 1900, but I don't know her name. Florences birthplace was Selkirk, I believe. Ross's parent came from England. Somewhere in this family story is a metis connection, I think it's either Florence or her mother, and I have next to no information on them. There must be some connections in the area, when I read through the forum...seems likely.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:58 am

Manitoba Vita Stats: On Apr 19, 1909 Edward NELSON married Mary SINCLAIR in Selkirk (MB)

In the 1911 they were living on McLean Avenue in Selkirk and they had two children; Jennie (age 2) and Alexander E (age 1).

We have tons of SINCLAIR families in Selkirk. Can you tell us who Mary SINCLAIR’s parents were?

murraystaceyhaggerty

Post by murraystaceyhaggerty » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:42 am

I don't have that information yet, but doing some research elsewhere, but I think she was born in 1889 and died in 1914...at about 25 years. Does that help? This is such a puzzle...I am aware there are tons of Sinclair families...but I have so little to go on. And my main focus is on Ross, and who he was with when his daughter Florence was born. That is my dad's connection, and that is the informatin I need. Was it common to have mistaken Neison for Nelson? I know that Ross had a 'companion' later in his life, her name was Margaret Deaffie (nee Imrie)...it's listed in his obit. They were never married either.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:00 pm

Stacey - I found your postings on the Ancestry Message Boards which, together with your postings on my website, establishes a pretty complete basic genealogy for your lineage - enough to do some interesting Family Pages if and when I can find the time to prepare them. I often do special pages for people who make donations. More about that at this link:
SPECIAL FAMILY PAGES

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:12 pm

Posting copied from Topic for Suzanne-E: My name is Alexander Neison. In my early years my grandfather Edward Neison (AKA- Capt. Ed Nelson built the Suzanne E in Winnipeg and I believe he was the first Capt. on the Suzanne. I wheeled for him during my school summer holidays. thought this might be of interest.

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: ADRIAN AUGUSTUS NEISON (1849-?)

Post by gnstill » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:13 am

New Family Page:

Please continue discussions about DESCENDANTS OF ADRIAN AUGUSTUS NEISON here.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:30 pm

Note: I have updated the Page for Adrian Augustus b-1849 with details about him building the Tug Millie Howell

Thanks very much again for the donation Alex. I have started a New Family Page for your Great Grandparents at this link:
CAPTAIN EDWARD ADRIAN NEISON (1887-1982)

I look forward to discussing that family under THAT Topic.

alexander77

Post by alexander77 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:33 pm

gnstill wrote:New Family Page:

Please continue discussions about DESCENDANTS OF ADRIAN AUGUSTUS NEISON here.
Francis Gustavius Paulus Neison my great great great grandfather an was an actuary for an insurance company in England
Last edited by alexander77 on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.