Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

JAMES MORRISON (1789-1872)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

JAMES MORRISON (1789-1872)

Post by gnstill » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:28 pm

New Family Page: JAMES MORRISON (1789-1872)

Please post comments and queries about JAMES MORRISON and his DESCENDANTS here.

Horsefly

Re: JAMES MORRISON (1789-1872)

Post by Horsefly » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:55 am

Good morning. I am new to the Forum and Site. I believe I am a descendant of James Morrison (Junior) and Mary Turner. I am working my way through from James Morrison (Senior) - Frances Sanderson and Philip Turnor - Elizabeth "Wapisk". I understand that a James Jr and Mary had a daughter, Elizabeth Sophie Morrison (1866). Elizabeth Sophie Morrison may have married Augustus Beck (?) and had four children. Later she married John Henry Parry and had two daughters. Both Elizabeth and John Parry died leaving the children to be separated in Saskatchewan. My Grandmother was named Elizabeth Parry at birth and renamed Ada Eckes when "adopted" by a couple in Lemberg, Saskatchewan. My Mother, Dorothy, was the daughter of Elizabeth Parry (Ada Eckes) and Adolph Haubrick, and one of 9 children. All contact with the first children of Elizabeth Parry was lost except with the oldest daughter, Lillian, who stayed in contact with her oldest niece, another Elizabeth.... Elizabeth Haubrick (Gaudry), my Aunt. I see no references to the Beck family on this site, although I am aware that the name is still known in Moose Factory. I am looking forward to questions, information and general discussion.
Last edited by Horsefly on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:34 am

I have your grandmother Ada Elizabeth (PARRY-ECKES) married to Adolph HAUBRICH. The newlyweds were recorded in Saltcoats, SK, in 1921.
Regards, Gary

Horsefly

Post by Horsefly » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:05 am

Thank you.... I am pleased to see that the connection from Morrison through to Haubrick (Haubrich) has been made. The difference in spelling is an interesting "tell" as to the source of the information. Normally the "k" is associated to descendants of Adolph and Ada and not descendants of Adolph's siblings and earlier generations. I am not sure at what stage the name spelling was changed by Adolph. I don't have the marriage record.

My challenge now is to learn more about Elizabeth Morrison - Beck - Parry. I have found her in the census Chappele with children, living as a single mother (widowed?), then in the census at the same time as John Henry Parry, also single, and finally as a married couple. I would like to know more about Elizabeth's early life and her first marriage. It is commonly thought that Augustus G. Beck was an American "sailor". So far I suspect that to be wrong and that he was the son of a HBC Machinist who came from England to work for HBC. The father must have been married as well, but I haven't found records of that marriage and children, other than Augustus G. Beck.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:50 am

My understanding is that Augustus George BECK was born in 1857 in Berlin Germany and died on March 12, 1900 in the Algoma District of Ontario (From Ontario Death Records).
If you’re interested, I often work with people who make donations - Special Pages for their particular lineages. More about that at this link:
SPECIAL FAMILY PAGES

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:25 am

Horsefly – A New Page for your Great-Great Grandparents at this link:
JAMES MORRISON JR (1818-1895)

slmorrison

Post by slmorrison » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:59 am

I think I may be a descendant of James Morrison but do not know a lot about my ancestry other than my father (Edward Angus Morrison) was invited to the Metis celebration of Louis Riel a number of years ago. My father was born in the Yukon & was the 2nd eldest of four - Katherine, Edward, Donald, Frank.
His father, my grandfather, was Edward, who after many years in the Yukon, some of them employed by HBC, moved to British Columbia at some point, married a 2nd time & died in BC. His uncle was Angus but they may not be the only siblings. To the best of my knowledge Angus was an 'Indian Agent' in the North West Territories, married 3 times & died in Alberta.
His grandparents were Edward (registered in the Canadian census of circa 1898 as a miner in Dawson City, Yukon) & Annie (Gray) Morrison. Annie owned (co-owned?) a road house on the Yukon trail from Skagway (in Carcross, Yukon).
If anyone can help me with information, I would appreciate it.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:56 am

Are you Susan?
Were your parents Dorothy and Edward Angus MORRISON (1922-2006) who died in Chilliwack, BC?

slmorrison

Post by slmorrison » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:11 am

I am Susan, daughter of Edward Angus Morrison. Can you give me more information & if I am following the correct thread? I have looked over a number of years, including a number of the many Red River sites.

slmorrison

Post by slmorrison » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:58 pm

Hope to hear from you soon gnstill. I was very excited by your question about my parents & hope I have found some ancestry.