Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

ADAM JOSEFCHUK (1886-1971)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

ADAM JOSEFCHUK (1886-1971)

Post by gnstill » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:47 pm

New Family Page: ADAM JOSEFCHUK (1886-1971)

Please post comments and queries about the ADAM JOSEFCHUK FAMILY here.

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: ADAM JOSEFCHUK (1886-1971)

Post by gnstill » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:54 am

Linda posted: I can't thank you enough for your help and I look forward to learning more about our family's history. I will be in touch!
*** Looks like we have to change the date on his family page to 1971 (instead of 1917)

LynnDenver

Post by LynnDenver » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:17 pm

gnstill wrote:New Family Page: ADAM JOSEFCHUK (1886-1971)

Please post comments and queries about the ADAM JOSEFCHUK FAMILY here.
Hi,
Do you look at birth certificates as well? I am wondering if there are birth certificates available for you to look at for Adam and Justyne?
Also, can we start a family page for Joseph and Bernice Gouglas (Guglas)?
Thank you
(A lot going on here on my end)

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:49 pm

Lynn: Adam and Justyna were both born in Galicia and we don’t even know where in Galicia (or do you?), so it is unlikely we will find any birth certificates in Canada. In 1911 Adam received his Canadian Naturalization papers, so I suppose you could try contacting Immigration Canada.

Before we advance to the GOUGLAS family, to keep things in perspective we need to establish some details about your own immediate family. For that purpose I have created a New Family Page for your parents and siblings at this link:
WALTER JOSEFCHUK (1924-1970)

We will look forward to your comments under THAT Forum Topic. I will work on the GOUGLAS Family tomorrow.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:56 am

Lynn: In your father’s 1970 obit he mentions a sister, Josephine WESLAKE of Lavack, Ontario. What do you know about her?

LynnDenver

Post by LynnDenver » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:28 pm

Yes, my father had a sister named Josepine 'Josie'... I know very little about her because she lived with her family in Levack, Ontario (NW of Sudbury). I think she was the oldest of Adams daughters. My mother thinks they had a son... I believe Josie's father worked in mining.

Also, my father Walter and Joseph were identical twins. My father's birth place on his birth certificate is River Lot 228 Narol, St Clement's. So, they must have moved to Narol in 1924.

I know that 'Nelli' died of TB at around 15 yes old (I always thought she died around childbirth), so this came as a big surprise to me. I heard it from my Aunt Olga not long before she passed. I remember going to Nelli's gravesite somewhere North of Winnipeg. It had one of those old iron gates around it... I was too young to grasp how meaningful this was to me. I asked my Aunt Olga what she remembered about Her sister Nelli.... Olga said her sister had a great humor... One night the three sister's were in bed with Nelli in the middle and "Nelli let one loose"... She said they all broke out in laughter. I couldn't believe she told me this but I was so glad she did. A fun, happy memory that people don't usually talk about especially from that era. Silly, but it gave me a sense of my Aunt Nelli's personality. I never knew My Aunt Nelli and always wondered what she was like. I wish I could have met her.

Adam and Justyna Josefchuk had 9 children including Josephine 'Josie'.

You are so awesome at what you are doing!... You're amazing me... Thank you so much...

How do I attach an image?

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:00 am

Thanks Lynn – I have revised and updated the Page accordingly.

About sending pictures: Image files are created by having you picture(s) scanned (on a scanner). Then, when you send the Email, you click ‘Attach File’ (at the top of the Email Page) to attach your image file (usually a .jpeg file).
If you don’t have a scanner for your own computer, ask a friend or take your picture(s) to one of those Photo Copying shops to create image files.

LynnDenver

Post by LynnDenver » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:20 am

Thank you so much Gary...

(under 'children' my father, Walter's birth year is also 1924)

LynnDenver

Post by LynnDenver » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:02 pm

Hi Gary... It's been a while since I last contacted you... I hope you're doing well!
My cousin, Gary Kostuck and his wife, Laurie are registering today... They are trying to learn how to navigate this site and are excited about adding, modifying information on the Adam Josefchuk page and also adding a new Family name for Kostuck. I'll let him know I am corresponding with you. I'll be talking with him today or tomorrow. I'm excited that they're jumping into our family page because I know it needs tweaking!... All the very best!
Linda Josefchuk
Denver, Colorado

LynnDenver

Post by LynnDenver » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:50 am

Gary....
I don't know how I overlooked this, but when I was talking to my cousin (Gary Kostuck) he pointed out that we do not know who 5. 1914 SONIA or SOPHIA JOSEFCHUK is (children of Adam and Justyna). We can confirm having Nellie and Josie and Olga as Adam's daughter's, but we don't know who Sonia/Sophia is... Do you know,where this information/record came from?... Thank you...
Also, my cousin told me that Adam and Justyna had a baby who died at child birth who they named Joseph... When the twin brother's were born... They named one of the twins Joseph... My cousin can verify this with you.
Thank you for all your help with our family history,
Hope you're doing well... Happy Easter and Spring!