Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

George Racette Sr. and Jr. St. Vital. I see no Racettes?

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
Phyllis Racette

George Racette Sr. and Jr. St. Vital. I see no Racettes?

Post by Phyllis Racette » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:03 am

I haven't found any Racettes here though both George Racette Sr. and Jr. lived in the Red River Settlement. As well, of Charles Racette and Helene Boyer. William Racette their son was born 1857 in St. Boniface. Anyone have any information. Thank you and Meegwetch!

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: George Racette Sr. and Jr. St. Vital. I see no Racettes?

Post by gnstill » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:01 pm

In 1884 William RACETTE married Elizabeth BOURASSA in Duck Lake (SK), daughter of Marguerite LAFELEUR & Louis BOURASSA (1811-1879). Do you have links to this family?

Phyllis Racette

Post by Phyllis Racette » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:44 pm

Yes, that is my husband's Great Grandfather, William Racette b. 1857. I am doing the research work for my husband Larry Racette. His 4th Great Grandfather was Charles Racette, the French Canadian b. 1766 who married Josephte Saulteaux. Their son was George Racette Sr. His son was George Racette Jr b. 1821. I just wondered if there were more information then I've already found. My husband and I are working on his genealogy. Thank you.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:18 am

I do have lots of RACETTE information, but this lineage is not presently on my Priority List for doing Family Pages. However, I often do Special Family Pages for people if you’re interested. More about that at this link:
SPECIAL FAMILY PAGES

Phyllis Racette

Post by Phyllis Racette » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:34 pm

Yes, thank you that would be wonderful! My husband and I would love a special family page. I will make a donation that is no problem. I will be doing that tomorrow or the next day for sure. Thank you for your help. I also use Ancestry.ca and a bunch of other resources, but sometimes some stuff comes in French and I have to get it translated. This site is an excellent resource. Thank you, meegwetch!

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:36 am

New Family Page for Larry’s ancestors at this link: CHARLES RACETTE (1766-1833)

Please continue discussions about RACETTE descendants under THAT Topic.