Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

THOMAS HENRY LENNOX (1878-1951)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

THOMAS HENRY LENNOX (1878-1951)

Post by gnstill » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:32 pm

New Family Page: THOMAS HENRY LENNOX (1878-1951)

Sorry - this page has been removed..

Please post comments and queries about the FAMILY OF THOMAS HENRY LENNOX here.

alennox

Re: THOMAS HENRY LENNOX (1878-1951)

Post by alennox » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi Gary,

I was not expecting you to create a page for my grandfather. I made the donation so that I could get some assistance from you and others to connect my third great-grandfather, Squire Thomas, with his family. Your page on John Thomas Sr. does not mention who his parents were, or if he might have had a sibling named Squire. That is what I would like to know.

If you don't mind, I would prefer if you removed the page on Thomas Henry Lennox, as it is not relevant to my questions. It was his wife, Annie Laura Thomas who was related to Squire Thomas. I have already explored Thomas Henry Lennox to my full satisfaction.

Many thanks,

Anne

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:18 am

The LENNOX Family Page has been removed as per your wishes. So much for all my time and effort I put into developing it!
I have been reviewing your entire THOMAS lineage and thought it was a relevant starting point.
Would you like me to do Family Pages for Squire THOMAS and his other descendants or not?

alennox

Post by alennox » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:51 am

I am sorry for all the time and effort you put into creating that page for our family.

If you would create a page for Squire Thomas, I would really appreciate that. I thought that maybe some of the individuals who are knowledgeable about John Thomas Sr and his family might know something about who his sibling(s) and parents were. As I said earlier, my goal is to find out where Squire Thomas came from, if he was in fact a brother of John Thomas Sr. That is the proverbial "brick wall" that we have been up against for years now.

John Thomas Sr. was buried in our family plot at Mount Royal Cemetery in Montreal, PQ., which suggests strongly that he was part of our family. However, other than that connection, we have not found anything else to suggest that he and Squire were brothers. Both lived in Vaudreil, a suburb of Montreal. I believe both went to the same church, even. It seems odd that we cannot connect the two if they were in fact brothers.

Squire Thomas was NOT buried in the family plot, but was buried elsewhere in Montreal, another strange thing....but Squire Thomas' wife, Elisabeth Fishback Thomas, WAS buried in the family plot.

I apologize regarding the time you spent. I wish you had checked with me first before doing all that work.

Sincerely,
Anne

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:43 am

New Family Page: SQUIRE THOMAS (1752-1836)
We will look forward to comments and queries under that Forum Topic.