Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

Alexander Lyons

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
LDK

Alexander Lyons

Post by LDK » Thu May 11, 2017 8:49 pm

I recently came upon a obituary for Alexander Lyons in my families possession and thought it might be of interest.

Alexander Lyons
Alexander Thomas Lyons, 66, of 236 Morris ave, Selkirk, died Saturday in Selkirk General Hospital. His Wife Mrs. Mary Elizabeth Lyons, who died 3 days previously in Selkirk General Hospital, was buried Friday Afternoon.
Born at Mapleton, Mr. Lyons , had lived all his life in the district. Until his illness, he had been an engineer at the Manitoba Rolling Mills for about 30 years, Previous to that he was a fireman, and later an engineer on government dredges on Lake Winnipeg.
He is survived by one daughter Mrs. Robert Gunn, Mapleton, Man; one adopted daughter Mrs.H. G. Boberg, Selkirk; a step-daughter, a Mrs.J Sturch,Selkirk; his mother Mrs. W, Lyons. Mapleton; and five sisters, Mrs. Flora Mayo, Selkirk, Mrs. D McKenzie and Mrs. Grant both of Mapleton; Mrs Ruth Squires, Detroit; and Mrs. W. Ferguson, Winnipeg.
The funeral service will be held Tuesday at 2 pm in the Langrill Funeral home and at 2:30 in St.Clements church, Mapleton. Burial will be in the churchyard. Rev. R. S. Montgomary will officiate.

Not sure of the date.

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: Alexander Lyons

Post by gnstill » Fri May 12, 2017 11:13 am

I already have that obit Lianne, thanks.
I have created a New Family Page for Alex at this link:
ALEXANDER THOMAS LYONS (1879-1945)
In future, please post comments and queries under THAT Topic.

LDK

Post by LDK » Fri May 12, 2017 7:34 pm

i'm sorry I am new to the forum and not sure the method of posting.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sat May 13, 2017 7:44 am

Lianne – You simply click your mouse on the links in the narrative (underlined in red), particularly this one:
FORUM FOR DISCUSSING THE FAMILY OF ALEXANDER LYONS
Then you post your comments just as you did here. When you do reply there, we’d love to know more about yourself and your parents. Where do they fit into the lineage?
Is KUPCHIK your maiden name or your married name?