Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

McKenzie Plot Restoration Project

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
Gimpie

McKenzie Plot Restoration Project

Post by Gimpie » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:56 am

A project in the process to restore the family burial plot of Roderick & Angelique Mckenzie in the Little Britain Cemetery, MB.This site is in need of extensive repairs, each winter has produced more damage. We are appealing to the descendants of the McKenzies for financial assistance- it's said that if every descendant donated $5.00, this would cover the cost of the restoration, will apply for grants,contact community groups, heritage and archival organizations.
This project will be undertaken by the United Church, Little Britain where further information may be obtained by phoning 204-757-2489 or e mail the cemetery at lbuc@mymts.net
Hope to hear from other McKenzie relatives- Roderick & Angelique are my 3 great-grandparents, Samuel, their son, is my ancestor.

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: McKenzie Plot Restoration Project

Post by gnstill » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:08 pm

More about Angelique and Roderick at this link:
RODERICK McKENZIE (1772-1859)
Gimpie - Upon reviewing my information I re-discovered that you and I had communications back in 2005, and from my other research I seem to have fairly complete information about your lineage right down to your McPHEE parents.

How, and to whom, does one make a donation to the Restoration Fund?

Gimpie

Re: McKenzie Plot Restoration Project

Post by Gimpie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:22 am

Good morning Gary; Yes- we did correspond back then.
This project is dear to my heart- have been after the church to have the plot repaired for years- it's in rough shape and this is our history.
This year I donated my gr grandmother's picture- Agnes McKenzie Farwell- to the HBCo Archives and the family place a stone in the Hartney, MB. cemetery in her honor- only a 120 years late.
Donations can be sent to;

McKenzie Plot Restoration
Little Britain Cemetery
2879 Highway #9
Lockport, MB R1A 2P7

or call Judy at 204 757 2489 ( church # )
Hope we hear from all our McKenzie cousins !

Take care :