Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

JAMES YOUNG (1822-1870)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

JAMES YOUNG (1822-1870)

Post by gnstill » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Family Page: JAMES YOUNG (1822-1870)

Please post comments & queries abot James YOUNG and his family here.

murraystaceyhaggerty

Re: JAMES YOUNG (1822-1870)

Post by murraystaceyhaggerty » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:45 am

Did James Young and Isabella Stevens have a daughter names Catherine Young? Born around 1874? Anyone know? It would seem that her birth was later then the other children mentioned. I am looking at trying to figure out who Catherine Youngs parents were...she had a marriage to Adrian Augustus Neison from England, and had at least 4 children together, Dolly, Catherine, Edward and Ross Neison.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:55 am

Stacey - I found your postings on the Ancestry Message Boards which, together with your postings on my website, and my own information about the related families, establishes a pretty complete basic genealogy for your lineage. Enough to do some interesting Family Pages if and when I can find the time to prepare them.

Unfortunately, I’m very busy these days doing research and Family Pages for other people already on my Priority List. This family/ lineage is not currently on that list, so it might be a long time before I can do all the work that would be involved. More about that at this link:
SPECIAL FAMILY PAGES

murraystaceyhaggerty

Post by murraystaceyhaggerty » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:54 pm

I appreciate any feedback. I am new to geneology, but it's fascinating! I am doing my best to track down my history, some of it is right, and some of it is probably not, but it's fun learning none the less. It's a work in progress that I know I can spend plenty of time doing. If and when I figure it out, and if there is enough to back up the findings and add to your incredible amount of work on this site, I will certainly post. In the meantime, I will keep checking back when I get new information. I know my relations on my father's side came from the Red River area....its just a matter of paging through all the info.

murraystaceyhaggerty

Post by murraystaceyhaggerty » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi there....I just recently received some information in the mail from a distant relative. I connected to this fella through ancestry because of our similar family trees...he would be my father's cousin...if we are indeed related. My question concerns a girl called Catherine Young. Was there a Catherin Young who married an Adrian Augustus Neison? I cannot find a mention of a Catherine at all on the Young family page. Her mother was a Native woman, who's name was Ka pa ona pe lick...christined Mary Young...i don't know who she married, but Catherine was conceived ( I don't know her birth date, but she apparently died in 1894.) She was Adrian Augustus's first wife (he was from England) I know I've been on this forum a fair amount lately, but there is just so many great stories and history. Anyways, I can't find either a Catherine Young or a Mary Young. Any ideas?

Ted Stobbs

Post by Ted Stobbs » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:39 pm

I am a great grandson of Henry George Young. I wanted to clarify the information provided on the Red River Ancestry about him. Henry George Young was born on Nov 11 1855 in the Red River Settlement. He married Katherine Jane (nee Taylor) born Nov 11 1859, daughter of George Simpson Taylor (1829-1919) and Isabel Adeline Cooper (1839-1922). Their marriage was on Apr 12 1877 at the Rapid Church, Red River Settlement. Henry George and Katherine Jane left the Red River Settlement in 1882 in red river carts and took up residence upon their homestead near Brancepeth, SK in 1884. Their homestead is still in the family. Henry George and Katherine Jane had 12 children; 8 sons and 4 daughters. One, my grandmother Blanche married John Thomas Stobbs. She lived to be 107 years old and farmed about a mile away from the Young homestead. Henry George Young died on May 3 1946 in Birch Hills. Katherine Jane died Dec 18 1954 at the homestead. Both are buried at the Holy Trinity Anglican Church graveyard near Brancepeth, SK.
Ted Stobbs