Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

From the Land and from a Metis hereditary chief

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

Re: From the Land and from a Metis hereditary chief

Post by gnstill » Sat May 09, 2015 7:50 pm

Shaun: You are most certainly are, and always will be a welcome contributor on this website. You have already provided a great deal of inspiration and I for one look forward to more much more from you in the future. You have a wonderful gift for telling stories.
By the way, I think I found a picture of you regarding your receiving the Aboriginal Educator Award. Do you mind if I add it to the THOMAS KELLY PAGE?

Great Bear Woman

Post by Great Bear Woman » Sun May 10, 2015 2:24 pm

Yes that is fine. I will also continue to share. Thank you for this opportunity to be a part of the forum.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Wed May 13, 2015 9:33 am

Shaun: New Page for your great-great grandparents at this link:
WILLIAM DONALD (1795-1866)

Great Bear Woman

Post by Great Bear Woman » Wed May 13, 2015 10:09 pm

This is awesome! Thank you. Shaun

Great Bear Woman

Post by Great Bear Woman » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:15 pm

Today a Great Skua flew by and reminded me of the long journey of the Metis. This is a rare siting indeed. Over the past year a White Eagle came, previously a White Moose twice, the gifts of the Ravens who watch over the forests have come. Recently a Peregrine Falcon came. The hawks and eagles continue to dance. I sat and watched a Spotted Eagle teacher her young to fly on its own. The walk of our people with the land and water continues. Today a Great Skua came by with a message of the long journey. This is much a part us us as is the Drum Law of our history.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:10 pm

Email received today from Shaun:
Gary, There has been tremendous news that I wanted to share and I am not sure how to best share this:
Today as I sat and looked at a Golden Willow tree, and thought of how deep the roots grow, I realized that there is something that I had not shared. It has been quite a time of remembering with great joy. An elder many years ago had seen a White Eagle shortly before she went home and called to say that it was about an uncle. You see, I was born by Pillow Rock, a place by the triple watershed near Caribou Bones, or Atikokan, Ontario.
In 2004 I travelled to Six Nations, the place of the Iroquois Confederacy to listen to the Haudenosaunee, the teachings of the Great Law of Peace. I learned of a sacred teaching and held onto it until this summer. A Rainbow Circle formed over the fire circle and a bald eagle flew through it. Then this summer, four young White Eagles flew over my home, a sign of our tobacco being whole within us. There have been 12 White Eagles, and I can announce as Great Bear Woman and hereditary chief that the Great Law of Peace is awake.
A Bald Eagle only comes from North America, and a White Eagle came generations ago as a sign for the Great Law of Peace with the land. For me it is also about the Ethics of the ancient dialogue with our land. 2 Great Skua also arrived this summer, reminding me of the British History in many.
The Golden Willow has deep roots to hold onto the ancient sands of our land. 12 White Eagle Peace is 12 White Eagle Peace and something that is unique to Native/Aboriginal North America.
I watched this summer as a Bison came toward me. When I turned to watch the entire herd emerge from the woods on a hot summer’s day, the water in the small pond danced with joy as the sun shone beautifully on it. Then I turned in to check on the Buffalo and realized that both the Buffalo and Bison were walking together, in the same direction. When they stopped, the young buffalo and bison rested in the sunlight. Only a short distance apart, the two herds walked with a gentle strength together.
May the Fidlers come to know of this in a good way.
Shaun