Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

SAMUEL LIVINGSTON (1831-1897)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

SAMUEL LIVINGSTON (1831-1897)

Post by gnstill » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:44 am

New Family Page: SAMUEL LIVINGSTON (1831-1897)

Please post comments and queries about the FAMILY OF SAMUEL LIVINGSTON here.

rachelf

Re: SAMUEL LIVINGSTON (1831-1897)

Post by rachelf » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:59 pm

Dear Mr. Still,

Thank you so much for providing information on Jane Mary's (nee Howse, daughter of Henry Howse Sr and Jane (Janet) Spence) husband Samuel Livingston for reference in the Red River Ancestry web page. I noticed a small typo in the first sentence; you have his "death date" (October 4, 1897) listed instead of his "birth date" (Feb 4, 1831) as the date that he was born.

Again thank you for all the good work you are doing for our families.

Respectfully yours,
Rachel F

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:30 am

Thanks for the correction Rachel,. I have updated the narrative accordingly.

rachelf

Post by rachelf » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:13 pm

Thanks again, Mr. Still, for all that you have done to research and share our stories.
Sincerely,
Rachel F

rachelf

Post by rachelf » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:02 pm

Hello Mr. Still,
I was wondering in the Census documents that you have seen, have you seen a pattern in how specific family members were identified? -- e.g., "Indian", "Native", "Cree", "HB", "English", "Scotch" over time?
With thanks for all your work,
Rachel F

flyingmarias

Post by flyingmarias » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:07 am

Dear Mr Still,
i see there is a marriage of Samuel's son Thomas Livingston to Edith Johnson my question is you have her parents listed as Holgar Johnson and Mary Holda Johnson I'm wondering where you found Mary holda
Johnson as these are my great grandparents the name you have is right except every paper and certificate that i have there was never a HOLDA do you have the right mary name? i can post you the marriage certificate of thomas and edith my great aunt if you would like her parents names are on the certificate im just wondering thank you

smorris

Post by smorris » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:56 pm

Good morning,
Thank you so much for accepting my request to be a member on this website. I love what you're doing and was also very pleased to read up on some of my ancestors (great grandparents). In particular, Samuel Livingston and his wife Jane (nee Howse).

I did notice, however, that one of their children is missing. His name is Samuel Henry Livingston (Jr) - born March 28, 1893 and died of tuberculosis on December 7, 1919. My dad was his son and he was born on May 20, 1919, just a few months before his own dad died.

It's a long story but my dad was adopted at the age of 2 by another family and his name was changed to Dorcy Samuel Letourneau (previously Livingston). Millie, his biological mum and Sam Jr's wife, was destitute and my adoptive Grandmother (Amy Letourneau), we were told, pestered Millie constantly about adopting my dad. She told Millie that he could never hope to have the life that Amy and Oliver Letourneau could give him and she eventually wore Millie down after 2 years of (what sounds to me like) harassment. Amy and Oliver were unable to have children of their own.

There's much more to the story and if you're interested, I would be more than happy to provide details.

I've tried to attach a picture of my grandfather, Samuel Henry Livingston Jr. to this post but was unable to do so. The picture was acquired from the Glenbow Museum. If you'd like a copy of it or any further information, please let me know!

Thank you so much for maintaining this great website!
Sincerely,
S.Morris (nee Letourneau/Livingston)