Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

JOHN ANDERSON (1804-1884)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

JOHN ANDERSON (1804-1884)

Post by gnstill » Sat May 17, 2014 9:02 am

New Family Page: JOHN ANDERSON (1804-1884)

Please post comments and queries about John ANDERSON and his family here.

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: JOHN ANDERSON (1804-1884)

Post by gnstill » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:20 am

Shelley Johnston posted yesterday:

Hi my name is Shelley Johnston and I am very new to this. Last week I found out from a cousin that John Thomas Anderson ( 1804-1884) was our Great, Great Grandfather and what I am trying to find out if William Anderson his son was my Great Grandfather my Grandmother Pearl's Father. My Dad and his brothers and sisters have passed away so it is hard for me to find out information. Any information or some pointers on how I could find out would be fantastic. You have done a wonderful job on this site.

Thank You,
Shelley.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:39 am

As you can see, Shelley, William ANDERSON (1838-1895) married Ann VENNE (1841-1910).

The proper way to trace your ancestors is to start with your parents and or grandparents and work your way back in time. Tell us more about them, and we can start looking back from there.

ShelleyJ

Post by ShelleyJ » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:38 am

gnstill wrote:As you can see, Shelley, William ANDERSON (1838-1895) married Ann VENNE (1841-1910).

The proper way to trace your ancestors is to start with your parents and or grandparents and work your way back in time. Tell us more about them, and we can start looking back from there.
The sad thing I did not know about my dad's parents my Dad was William Stanley Johnston and was born Sept 1st 1915 in Quebec City and my Mum was a war bride from England and her name was Frances Mary Scarterfield, her birthday was July 11 1921. Not sure about my Grandparents. His name was Stanley Johnston and my Grandmother was Pearl Anderson and I think she was born in I think in 1890 or some where around that time.They then lived in Montreal. I did hear a story that Pearl was brought to Quebec to marry another of my Grandfather's brother and Stanley and Pearl ran away and got married. I know for sure my Great, Great Grandfather was for sure John Thomas Anderson and his wife was Mary Ann Desmarais (Indian). Pearl would have been born in Manitoba.
I went on Ancestry.ca and I did find my Grandmothers Baptismal certificate from Montreal but I am not sure if she was born there. I also found her death announcement and it mentions her Father William but it says his wife Jane Stevenson but I don't think she was my Grandmother's Mother. Do you know if John Thomas's son William went to Montreal?

I have only been doing this for 2 weeks and going crazy LOL. I keep going in circles. I am finding out lots about my Dad's family the Johnston's but I want to find out about Pearl Anderson's family.

andersonshawn74

Post by andersonshawn74 » Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:27 pm

Good afternoon, my name is Shawn and I am a 6 times grandson of John Anderson (also a son of John Anderson, but that is besides the point). I have been doing some research into my family tree, and according to the family history I have heard, John Anderson (1804-1884) was a councillor for the Fairford Indian Band in Manitoba (now the Pinaymootang First Nation), and is one of the signatories for Fairford on Treaty 2. Over the course of my research I have found numerous band pay lists from 1871 to the mid-1880s, which show many members of the Anderson family tree, including John Sr., John Jr., and John's son William Anderson Sr and John's grandson William Jr. (my great grandfather).

My question is, has anyone else descended from John Sr. heard this story as well, and more importantly, have any evidence showing that the John Anderson on our family tree is the same John Anderson found on Treaty 2?