Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

William Henry Hallett

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
ross

William Henry Hallett

Post by ross » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:53 pm

W. H. Hallett is my grandfather. There is a similarity between William Hallett who came into Canada via Hudson Bay and my grandfather who homesteaded near Edgerton, Alberta. To see the genealogy of my grandfather just internet brouse for William Henry Hallett. We have family history back to 1616. Very likely each of the Halletts have a common heritage.

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: William Henry Hallett

Post by gnstill » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:00 pm

The earliest ancestor of our HBC fur trader Henry HALLETT that I know of was his namesake, Henry HALLETT born around 1810 in London, England as explained on his Family Page at this link: HENRY HALLETT (1773-1844)

Your earliest ancestor William Moses HALLETT (1708-1759) who was born and died in New York, USA predates our Henry HALLETT by about a 100 years.

I suppose there is a pretty good chance that they had family connections of some kind back in England, but determining when and/or where, I’m sorry to say, is certainly beyond my sphere of research which is mostly Canadian orientated. Perhaps someone else will see this and provide some enlightenment.
Regards - Gary