Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

Anna Maria Von Ludwig

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
swthiel

Anna Maria Von Ludwig

Post by swthiel » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:53 pm

Regarding the ancestry of Lorentz Conrad found on this site.

It has been long believed that Lorentz Conrad of Lunenburg, Nova Scotia was descended from Anna Maria Von Ludwig, a witch.

This can now be proved false. The Conrads are not descended from her and that info on this site should be modified.

Von Ludwig died in 1646 and at 52 placing her birth in about 1594. She is listed in the records as the wife of Heinrich Conrad (NOT Georg Conrad as had previously been thought, and this has lead to the false belief). Pastor Wagner who viewed the original records states "that no ancestry for Georg can be proven". The marriage register lists "Georg Conrad" as the father or Lorentz born 1616 and Burkhard born 1618. Wagner concluded they were brothers and their father was the same Georg. No wife or parents are listed for Georg. Georg, the father of Lorentz born in 1616 would have had to have been born at least prior to the year 1600 himself. If he born in 1600, thus 16 years old in 1616 fathering a son, it still places Anna Maria Von Ludwig as a 6 year old girl when this Georg was born and that is a very conservative guess.

Von Ludwig was Georg's contemporary. She was certainly not his mother. They were roughly the same age; if anything Georg may have actually been a little older as he was most likely born about 1591. (Age 25 in 1616)
It is therefore IMPOSSIBLE for Anna Maria Von Ludwig to be Georg's mother and as such NOT the ancestor of Lorentz Conrad the Foreign Protestant born in 1701.

- Scott W. Teal

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: Anna Maria Von Ludwig

Post by gnstill » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:30 am

Thanks very much for that information Scott. In order to keep my topic discussions organized, I have also moved your comments to the following link where I will reply further: FORUM DISCUSSING ANCIENT CONRAD ANCESTORS in GERMANY