Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

Ella Wardlow Russell

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
Ceedeejay44

Ella Wardlow Russell

Post by Ceedeejay44 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:26 pm

Ella Wardlow Russell

As this is rather a unique combination of names i am assuming that she is a distant relative on my father's side. Father James Russell , born Manchester and my gt. uncle. My grandmother uaed to write to her brother who lived in Trail, BC. Do we have any information on the above?

Many Thanks from Chris in UK

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: Ella Wardlow Russell

Post by gnstill » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:50 am

More information needed. Dates, places etc.
Are there any family connections to people from Red River?

Ceedeejay44

Post by Ceedeejay44 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:01 am

Hi,
I just noticed that she had married a George Burnett Dickinson ( from your Site) and assumed you would have more info than myself!! I only know that she was born in Clayton , Manchester, England circa 1900 ( 1901 Census) ; but the family are not present on the 1911 Census. There is this link with Trail because my own mother told me that my dad's mother Louisa used to write to her brother in that town. I have no written documentation, only word of mouth. Ella's father was a printer ( 1901 ) and I presume he emigrated to Canada between 1901 and 1911. I'm just interested to find out about this branch of my Russell family.

Hope this is of some use ; otherwise please don't spend any of your valuable time looking for my relatives!!

Thank you for your prompt reply

Chris

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:26 am

That’s better Chris: Now I’ve got the picture.

Just to keep things in perspective, I will post my reply under the topic at this link: FORUM DISCUSSING the GEORGE DICKINSON FAMILY