Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

JOHN PETER PRUDEN (1778-1868)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
bthor

Re: JOHN PETER PRUDEN (1778-1868)

Post by bthor » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi Gary
I have just received a message from the HBC Archives. They agree there was no “Margaret” born to John Peter Pruden and will be updating the Bio sheets when the next website refresh occurs. Beth

bthor

Post by bthor » Wed May 15, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi Gary
The Hudson’s Bay Archives have updated the bio sheets for John Peter Pruden and John Rowand Jr. Even though they agreed with the documented proof I submitted proving John Peter Pruden’s daughter was Elizabeth and not Margaret, they decided it was better to remove all personal information from their bio sheets.
Beth

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Wed May 15, 2013 8:34 pm

Thanks Beth: I have updated the JPP PRUDEN Page to incorporate changes that reflect your findings. Please check it out again and let me know if I got things right this time.

kprudenshirley

Post by kprudenshirley » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi Gary, Just a quick word of appreciation for all the work you put in on this website. Well done. And to say how pleased I was to see that you and Beth have resolved a part of the puzzle of John Peter Pruden's daughter Elizabeth, wife of John Edward ("Ted") Harriott. I agree with Beth - the name of one of JPP's daughters definitely was Elizabeth, and JPP had no daughter named Margaret. Margaret (nicknamed "Peggy") is definitely the daughter of Elizabeth Pruden and Ted Harriott. I think some confusion may have crept in since JPP and his wife Patasegawisk (nicknamed "Nancy") had the care of Margaret at her young age and for some period of time after her mother Elizabeth's tragic death. Margaret would have been of a similar age to her aunt Caroline and her uncle John, the youngest two of the many children of JPP and Patasegawisk. (By the way, that is the correct spelling of "Patasegawisk", according to the records of baptism for her sons Arthur and Cornelius Pruden, at St. George the Martyr Anglican Church in Southwark, London, England. The two boys were baptized there while with their father, JPP, on his sabbatical from his HBC employment. I noticed that her name has been spelled incorrectly as "Patasagawisk" elsewhere here on your website.) Thanks again, and all best wishes in this new year. Karen

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:02 pm

Thanks very much Karen!

I have made those corrections and did another update.

Where do you fit into the picture Karen?

kprudenshirley

Post by kprudenshirley » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Here's how I fit in, Gary ... 1-John Peter Pruden; 2-Peter Pruden; 3-Charles Albert (Albie) Pruden; 4-John James (John) Pruden; 5-Joseph Henry (Harry) Pruden; 6-Harold John (Harry) Pruden; 7th generation is me. I'm also older sister to Hal Pruden, author of "The Prudens of Pehonanik" (published 1991).

kprudenshirley

Post by kprudenshirley » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:38 pm

p.s. thanks for attempting to correct the name, and may I request a further change ... it's "Patasegawisk", with a "k" at the end.

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:07 pm

Thanks yet again Karen! Fixed.

Quade

Post by Quade » Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:12 am

Hello my name is Quade. My maternal line leads me to Patasegawisk. That is to say if you trace my my mothers, moms, moms, etc.it will lead you to Patasegawisk. I am related by Patasegawisk's daughter Maria Pruden (1813-1883) and her husband William Hallett (1811-1873) and then I am related to Maria's and Williams daughter Maria (Eliza) Hallett (1852-1928). My aunt refers to Maria as Eliza, I think Eliza is the name she may have used instead of her registered name of Maria. My family does have documentation that we are related to this family.

In addition my mom and I have taken a 23andme DNA test out of curiosity. 23andme provides you with your Maternal Haplogroup. This is achieved because of a thing called "Mitochondrial DNA" that is passed down from mother to offspring unchanged and is not influenced by the fathers biology. 23andme, places me and my mom in haplogroup A2f1a. This is the maternal Haplogroup of Patasegawisk. I have considered the possibility of trying to identify Patasegawisk's pre-history female cousin lines with a mitochondrial DNA test on "family tree DNA". There are some barriers to this test as mitochondrial DNA may not be specific enough to pinpoint closer ancestry, in addition there will not be a lot of matches as the mitochondrial DNA test in not a popular test that people take. I am still curious though and If anyone has any more information on Patasegawisk's history I would be interested.

My mother and I have had a few DNA matches along the Pruden line. Recently, my moms DNA matched another person that is related to Maria (Eliza) Hallett's (1852-1928) sister Isabella Hallett (1842-1923). Isabella Hallett married Edwin Colin Bourke (1836-1915) and he is the Son of John Palmer Bourke and Nancy, Wahpeton Sioux From North Dakota. There is information of these Bourke men available on the internet as well.

Lastly, I am also interested in information of Catherine Tenance (1774-1817), she is the mother of William Hallett (1811-1873). At one time there was a tree online that stated Catherine Tenance's (1774-1817) father was White Bear Tanase (Aka Dausee) Bear (1755-1844). I'm not familiar with White Bear or the names Tenance/Tanase and Dausee.

I know that's a lot of information but I thought i'd introduce myself. The Red River Ancestry site is an excellent site and I have really enjoyed learning from it.

Sincerely,
Quade

Susanbell

Post by Susanbell » Sun May 08, 2022 11:11 pm

His daughter Charlotte pruden is my relative. The records for his children is at the diocese of ruper6s land at st.johns anglican church in Winnipeg.