Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

PIERRE DUCHARME alias LANOUCHE (1824-1886+)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

PIERRE DUCHARME alias LANOUCHE (1824-1886+)

Post by gnstill » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:52 pm

New Family Page: PIERRE DUCHARME alias LANOUCHE (1824-1886+)

Please post comments and queries about the FAMILY OF PIERRE DUCHARME alias LANOUCHE here.

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: PIERRE DUCHARME alias LANOUCHE (1824-1886+)

Post by gnstill » Tue May 02, 2017 7:04 pm

Pierred posted May 2, 2017: Hello Gary,
Congratulations for your site. Well done and very useful.
As a member of the Association des Charron & Ducharme, I have been collecting data on Ducharmes since the beginning of the 1960s. Doing this, I always had a special interest for members of our families that went to Manitoba, as early as the last decades of the XVIIIe century. Even if these searchs are not easy, to say the less, and that many documents are lacking. Over the years, but I received a lot of data from family members living in Manitoba.
All Ducharmes of Manitoba for that period, to my knowledge, are descendants of the 4 (maybe 5) sons of Charles Ducharme and Madeleine Gour (married in Lanoraie, QC, on 1761-10-28). These men were Charles, Nicolas, François-Amable, Pierre (?) and Antoine.
Allow me to do a few comments on the Pierre Ducharme page. He was indeed the son of Nicolas Ducharme + Charlotte Abinoche. Likely, they lived together as soon as 1818, but got married officially only on 1832-01-18 in St-Boniface MB (parish registers). I agree with you that Pierre must have been born around 1824 (or a few years earlier), rather than 1834.
However, I don't think that he was born in Pointe-aux-Anglais, QC, and that he came to Red River before 1843. Pointe-aux-Anglais did not exist at that time, and anyway it's far in eastern Québec. Since his parents were already in Manitoba, he was likely born some place there.
Pierre Ducharme + Marie Desjarlais were married on 1853-09-19 in St-François-Xavier (parish registers). Their children are correctly listed, except for the oldest one, Jean-Baptiste, baptised on 1854-08-26 in St-François-Xavier, that is not in the lest.
Not knowing if this is interesting someone, I will stop here. I Could add more if needed. Corrections are welcome, of course

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: PIERRE DUCHARME alias LANOUCHE (1824-1886+)

Post by gnstill » Tue May 02, 2017 7:13 pm

Welcome to the Forum Pierre! As a first-time user, I recommend you familiarize yourself with the website by visiting this link:
RED RIVER ANCESTRY HOME PAGE
Would love to know more about your own lineage, and where you fit in.