Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

COLIN CAMPBELL McKENZIE (1836-1899)

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
gnstill
Site Admin

COLIN CAMPBELL McKENZIE (1836-1899)

Post by gnstill » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:04 pm

New Family Page: COLIN CAMPBELL McKENZIE (1836-1899)

Please post comments and queries about the FAMILY OF COLIN CAMPBELL McKENZIE (1836-1899) here.

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: COLIN CAMPBELL McKENZIE (1836-1899)

Post by gnstill » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:24 am

JoanM posted Jan 14, 2015: I came across your page when looking for further information about Colin Campbell McKenzie, who married my husband's great-great aunt Mary Letitia Elford. This Colin is the grandson of Roderick McKenzie and the brother of Rev. Benjamin McKenzie. He is the one who become the Superintendent of Education in British Columbia after working first for the HBC in the BC interior scouting a route from Fort Alexandria to Bella Coola that the HBC could use to provision the forts in the BC interior and then as a teacher in Victoria. He is the one who attended Cambridge University after attending the Red River Academy after the death of his father Benjamin. I have quite a bit of information about Roderick's children and would be interested in communicating with you further. I also note that there is no family page for "my" Colin Campbell McKenzie and would be interested in making a donation to correct this and would also be happy to share information. I wrote an article for the Victoria Genealogical Society newsletter on this family some years ago and last year it was reprinted the McKenzie clan newsletter.
Looking forward to hearing from you

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:57 pm

Thanks again for the donation Joan.

I have now contributed pretty much all that I have to the narrative and look forward to your comments or criticisms and to anything else you would like to have added.

Henry Smith

Post by Henry Smith » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:36 pm

Upon reading the history of Colin Campbell it states that he had a daughter born in Dunvegan quote "More certain is the birth of daughter Catherine in 1815 at Dunvegan"

as well as reading BENJAMIN McKENZIE SR (1807-1837)
CATHERINE CAMPBELL (1815-1902) it states quote "Catherine CAMPBELL was born around 1815 at Fort Dunvegan, the daughter of Liza McGILLIVRAY & Colin CAMPBELL (1787-1853), another famous and successful old Nor'Wester who became an HBC employee after the 1821 NWC-HBC merger. Cathy's pre-teen years were spent at fur-trade posts in Peace River country in the far Northwest of Alberta, mainly Fort Dunvegan, Fort Vermillion and Fort Chipewyan"

As Catherine is part of my family history i haven't been able to find documentation of this nore has anyone been help me to find the documents any help would be appreciated