Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

MAYO FAMILY

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
Harry Mayo

MAYO FAMILY

Post by Harry Mayo » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi,
I am new to this forum which I recently found. I am particularly interested in your work on Charles Edwin Mayo and any or all of his descendants. You may not know about the book entitled The Descendants of Rev. John Mayo of Cape Cod written by Jean (May) Mayo-Rodwick of Colorado. It is a compilation of all the known Mayo's descendants from Rev John Mayo who emigrated from England in 1638 to Cape Cod in Massachusetts. I have worked with and have contributed much to that book. In it we have traced Capt. Al Mayo back to Rev. John and it was only recently that, with the use of Canadian Census of of 1911 and 1916, was able to determine that Capt. Al's brothers, Benjamin and Charles, relocated to Manitoba.

We certainly would like to expand this line down to the present time. Is this something that any ofyou could help us with?

We would be more than happy to give you any information that will help you go back further with the Mayo line.

Harry Mayo
Princeton, New Jersey

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: MAYO FAMILY

Post by gnstill » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:57 am

Welcome to the Forum Harry

Here are the links to what I have posted so far:

CHARLES EDWIN MAYO (1834-1917)
BENJAMIN BERTRAM MAYO (1881-1968)

I have a pretty good handle on the Red River MAYO families, almost all descendants of either Benjamin Bertram (link above) or his brother, Benjamin Johnston MAYO (1832-1920). I have been working on a page for the latter which I will eventually post if there is enough interest.

Yes, I would like to go further back with this lineage and would indeed appreciate your collaboration. In the next day or so I will post what I have on Charles Edwin’s parents, Betsy JOHNSTON & JACOB MAYO (1796-1862). Then you can perhaps correct any errors and expand on what I present. I look forward to doing that; many thanks!

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:03 pm

Here's the link for the new page: JACOB MAYO (1796-1862)

Gemgirl

Post by Gemgirl » Sun May 27, 2012 9:10 am

Harry Mayo wrote:Hi,
I am new to this forum which I recently found. I am particularly interested in your work on Charles Edwin Mayo and any or all of his descendants. You may not know about the book entitled The Descendants of Rev. John Mayo of Cape Cod written by Jean (May) Mayo-Rodwick of Colorado. It is a compilation of all the known Mayo's descendants from Rev John Mayo who emigrated from England in 1638 to Cape Cod in Massachusetts. I have worked with and have contributed much to that book. In it we have traced Capt. Al Mayo back to Rev. John and it was only recently that, with the use of Canadian Census of of 1911 and 1916, was able to determine that Capt. Al's brothers, Benjamin and Charles, relocated to Manitoba.

We certainly would like to expand this line down to the present time. Is this something that any ofyou could help us with?

We would be more than happy to give you any information that will help you go back further with the Mayo line.

Harry Mayo
Princeton, New Jersey
Hi. I am excited to find your site. My line comes from Benjamin Mayo and Mary Daniels. I can provide information from both sides. It was wonderful to see a photo of Capt. Alfred Mayo and imagine what my ggggrandfather Benjamin may have looked like! The only other photo that I have of the Mayos is of Louisa, Banjamin's daughter and my gggrandmother.

Gemgirl

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Sun May 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Welcome Gemgirl!
Great to hear from you! I had been considering doing a Family Page for Mary DANIEL & Benjamin Johnston MAYO (1832-1920) but didn’t think I had enough information. Perhaps with your help I could improve on what I have and go for it.

Firstly, I was having problems with the Louisa you mentioned. I have her as Louisa Rose MAYO, born May 2, 1864 in the USA. I have several people indicating she married Thomas DANIELS and/or married James Stewart WARD and/or John James CORRIGAL. If she was your great-great grandmother, perhaps you can shed some light on this for me; particularly your own lineage in more detail.

If I do get to the point of doing a page for this family, it would be great to add pictures for sure
Regards
Gary

Harry Mayo

Post by Harry Mayo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi Gemgirl,

I would be more than happy to exchange information on the Mayo Family with you. I would also like to have what information you have on Benjamin Mayo and Charles Mayo so that I could add it to my Mayo database.

My e-mail address is <hlmayo2@gmail.com> Hoping to hear from you.

Regards,
Harry Mayo

gnstill
Site Admin

Post by gnstill » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:55 pm

Did you guys not already go to my pages about these people or are you talking about a different Charles & Edwin? Here are the links again.

CHARLES EDWIN MAYO (1834-1917)
BENJAMIN BERTRAM MAYO (1881-1968)

I guess I’m getting confused. Are Gemgirl & Harry connected in some way?

Harry Mayo

Post by Harry Mayo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:10 pm

You are not confused.

I am trying to document all descendants of Rev. John Mayo, who came to Cape Cod from England in 1638, up to the present time.

GemGirl appears to have that information from Benjamin and Charles Mayo that neither you nor I have.

Regards,
Harry Mayo