Home | Ancestor Index | History | Forum |

Adam Black

Please feel free to post your questions or exchange information.
Judy T

Adam Black

Post by Judy T » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:12 pm

This message is for Gary
I want to know how Adam and Hugh Black are related to the people you are researching. I know quite a bit about their extended family. I know that Elizabeth and Robert Black came from a large Scottish family and who their siblings, parents and grandparents were. I know that Elizabeth Gilmour Black married Robert Garven and they lived in Fergus, Ontario. Then Robert died and Elizabeth and her children moved to Keppel Township in Ontario near Owen Sound. Beside her lived Robert Black and Mary Brydon with sons Adam, Hugh and many other siblings. Elizabeth's daughter Marion married Captain John Mackenzie Smith. He built large boats for the Hudson Bay Company. He lived in Birds Hill and Prince Albert for awhile. Hugh Garven , brother to Marion was my great grandfather. He was born in Fergus, moved to Keppel Township and was a carpenter and a friend and brother in law to Captain John Mckenzie Smith. I think Adam and Hugh probably learned a lot about boat building from John Smith. I really want to know how my Blacks tie into your research. I have a cousin whose grandparents were red River pioneers coming to Kildonan in 1815. They were McBeaths. This summer I visited Birds Hill . My great grandfather Hugh Black Garven lived in Birds Hill but lost his first wife and two children there, then remarried and moved on to Prince Albert about 1883.
Judy

gnstill
Site Admin

Re: Adam Black

Post by gnstill » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:08 am

Welcome to our Forum Judy!

As a first time registrant I recommend you first go to the Home Page to learn more about how to navigate on the website. Here’s the link: RED RIVER ANCESTRY HOME PAGE

Next, check this out: ADAM BLACK (1840-1911)

We already have a preset topic for discussing this BLACK Family. To avoid confusion and to keep things organized, I have moved your comments to this link: FORUM DISCUSSING the ADAM BLACK FAMILY

I have moved your comments to that location and will respond there after I review your information.
Gary